Christmas Conundrum Part 2: The Ham

Monday, December 24, 2012

Seeing that this year is our first 'own Christmas', this year is also my first time in my entire life buying Christmas ham.

I'm Malaysian, and in Malaysia there is no concept of Christmas Ham because it's a Muslim country. So buying the Christmas Ham is usually The Man's duty--he knows what he wants and how to get it.


But he has been working 80 hours week for the past two weeks, and I thought I'd surprise him with a Ham all picked out and ready. So I went to Coles, and within 2 minutes spotted this GIGANTIC ham for, wait for it....$17! 

SWEET HALLELUJAH SON OF GOD!

Congratulating myself on a job well done, I waddled off to the self-checkout.

To my shock, the GRAND TOTAL FOR GIGANTIC HAM: $113+.

Me: What the! There is a mistake here, hello, hello, customer assistance dude! Yoohoo!
Coles Staff: Yes, ma'am?
Me: This ham is supposed to be $17. :(
Coles Staff: Sure is, ma'am. $17 PER KILO.
Me: ...................OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!


My, don't I feel like an effwit after that! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment