[FIFO Notes] Emotional days.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Today is 19th December 2012. The Man is still working, the company he is working with is rushing to finish off the project before next week.

I have been wrapping presents for our nieces and nephews, packing the presents off to Mackay. I left his present to last.

I absolved him from buying me a Christmas present this year, because he has been supporting me in my one year off. I reckon that's a big enough present already, and what else do I need really? All I need in life that I cannot get more of seems to be chocolates (lol).

But in the end, I am sort of getting a present. We're both upgrading our beat-up, utilitarian Nokia to a Samsung Galaxy SIII, so that we could video chat when we are apart.We have made a pact that we will video chat with each other at least 5 minutes each day. I know 5 minutes doesn't sound much but this way I wouldn't trouble him with bawling my head off...on the first day. I know myself. :P If I tell myself I only have 5 minutes or so, then I'd be more in control and focused on being...well, you know, normal.

This year, his Christmas presents consist of FIFO-useful item: a hanging toiletry bag. And two books to occupy his first 3 weeks. Not that he'd be doing much reading, I don't think FIFO is a walk in the park. 10-12 hour days...if it was me, I'd probably just come back to the donga and crash til the next morning.

But I'm blubbing a little as I wrap his Christmas presents. His birthday is on the 30th December, but I think that can wait a bit longer before I have to face emotionally wrapping those ones too.

Gotta remind myself that some FIFO and military families don't even have the opportunity to have their loved ones home this Christmas. Suck it up, G, suck it up.

BRB, gotta go man up. :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment