Crawling Out of Funk

Sunday, January 27, 2013

I can't believe it.

The Man flew away to his FIFO on the 8th of January. He was supposed to do a 21-day stint before returning home for 7 days. So with this calculation, he should be home next Tuesday, the 29th of Jan.

It was not to be.

Turned out they had a scheduling bungle, and instead of starting on the 8th/9th, he should have officially started on the 23rd.

Yup. My man did 2 weeks before they realized their rostering mistake.

So this swing, he will be gone for 5 weeks before I see him.

For those first two weeks he was gone, I was in a complete funk. In a whole major way. I was sleeping constantly, not eating due to sheer laziness and not wanting to eat on my own, and I had no motivation to do anything. If we didn't have two lovely dogs, I probably wouldn't go out to buy dog food either.

Friends have been awesome and supportive. I am constantly getting calls and messages asking me how I am the first week, and the second week was spent declining invitations to all sort of things. My friends could have dumped me for being such a b-tch when they are trying hard to get me out of the funk, but I'm glad they stayed put. Most of all, I'm glad about their understanding.

So this is the third week now. I'm climbing out of my funk. Partly because I'm kinda feeling bored of lying around and feeling morose. Mostly because I am now properly hungry. Haha.

Updates to come. Might get myself busy with this blog. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment